|Perfect Low Carb Pizza|
Really, this is one I’ve been working on for a while. When I made a commitment to go low carb and stay off drugs (prescription drugs that is) for Type 2 Diabetes, I didn’t realize how much I would miss my Pizza and Beer. Well, I worked hard and came up with a Lite Beer that works for me and comes in at only 3 g Carbs (Michelob Ultra); check it out at Light Beer Challenge. Now, all I had to do was solve the Pizza side of the equation. Step in and check out my Under 10 Carb Pizza Solution. You’ll be surprised.
The key was getting away from the high carb crust and tomato sauce. For this I went with a low carb Mission Tortilla Wrap and Olive Oil. However, the real key is in how you cook it. To get the crust to come out right you need a pizza stone in your oven. It turns the tortilla wrap into the perfect 6 g net carb thin crust. Best of all its finger food, really, you can pick it up leave the fork behind and really enjoy it. Try it!
|Pizza Cooking Stone|
2. Start with a; Mission 6 gram net carb wrap (A wrap gives you a 7 – 8 inch individual pizza)
Spread 1 Table Spoon Olive Oil around the top of the wrap.
3. Add your choice of meat; my favorites is Hamburger and Pepperoni, but don’t overlook the many other alternatives; Sausage, Ham, Bacon, Chicken or whatever is your choice. Pile the meat on high, it's carb free. I also precook or warm the meat and pat down to keep the grease down depending on the meat. Last night I had some Billy Sims Barbecued Chopped Brisket left and it made and awesome pizza. Only bad thing was I had to have 2 beers to go with it; must have been the barbecue and football theme that created the need for an extra beer.
|Meat & Toppings of your choice|
4. Select your toppings; Onions – 10 carbs per medium, Peppers – 6 carbs per medium, Tomatoes – 5 carbs per medium ,Olives - .2 carbs each. These are all pretty safe to keep you down around 10 carbs total if you don’t get too carried away. If you like the veggies go for it; they will come in with low carb numbers. However, be careful with the fruits and some of the others; Pineapple – 119 g carbs per cup, Mushrooms - 21 carbs cup.
5. Good deli cheese is another carb free product. I pile it on and let it melt on down through the toppings and into the meat. My favorite is a Kraft product that’s called Mexican 4 Flavors.
|Perfect Mix of Italian Seasoning|
6. Finally you need your Italian Spices and Herbs to give it the perfect taste. No worries here for carbs. Mine comes with oregano, marjoram, thyme, rosemary, basil and sage.
7. Slide the wrap onto the Pizza Stone and bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, depending on your oven. You’re all set for a super low carb dinner alternative that won’t add to that spare tire around your waste and still has room for the beer.
|Perfect Low Carb Pizza|